1 Maximize Value Created
A company must earn a return well above the cost of capital for meaningful financial performance – i.e., economic profit. Meeting this objective requires the dual capability of attaining high profitability in conjunction with high asset utilization.
2 Achieve Superior Value Growth
The value the company generates must achieve superior growth – i.e., the company must grow economic profit faster than the industry’s, as indexed by corresponding equity markets. Anything less will eventually set the company further back.
Great Prairie Group differentiates itself in three ways in helping
companies meet this challenge.
Focused actions, not large scale transformations
We assist clients in focused strategic actions that leverage the company’s capabilities and not large-scale programs. We serve this way:
- Distinct engagement with defined scope
- No tie to massive ongoing efforts
- Resolution of complex, pressing business challenges
- Focus on the 3 to 5 critical issues that matter
- Small, highly-experienced team, subject matter experts
- Directors fully immersed in problem solving
- Immediate engagement
Strategy and execution
We specialize in strategy formulation and execution to hone our competence and avoid diluting our core capability. As a result, we can help clients achieve critical objectives.
- Maximize economic profit – the difference between the return a company earns and its cost of capital
- Grow economic profit faster than corresponding financial markets
- Get behind external growth waves, including trends, industry shifts, and economic cycles
- Identify, measure, forecast granular markets where to compete
- Access privileged competitive intelligence
- Improve and leverage the company’s true cost position relative to its competitors
- Lock in the strategic control points to dominate the market
- Ensure commitment and rapid execution
Objectivity is critical to overcome institutional bias and avoid ethical conflicts. We ensure objectivity by adhering to important safeguards.
- Your agenda and no other
- No up-sell, cross-sell, or down-sell
- No preconceived notions
- Clean-sheet analysis
- Transparent data, fact base, analysis, and process
- Delivery of actionable results that drive transparent decision-making
FOCUSED ACTION WHEN STRATEGY MATTERS
Secure two or more
strategic control points
Pursue growth initiatives leveraging strategic control points
- or exit
Reduce costs and
manage cash flow