1 Maximize Value Created
A company must earn a return well above the cost of capital for meaningful financial performance – i.e., economic profit. Meeting this objective requires the dual capability of attaining high profitability in conjunction with high asset utilization.
2 Achieve Superior Value Growth
The value the company generates must achieve superior growth – i.e., the company must grow economic profit faster than the industry’s, as indexed by corresponding equity markets. Anything less will eventually set the company further back.
FOCUSED STRATEGIC ACTION WHEN IT MATTERS
whichever your competitive position.
Secure two or more
strategic control points
Pursue growth initiatives leveraging strategic control points
model or exit
Reduce costs and
manage cash flow
Great Prairie Group differentiates itself in three ways in helping
companies meet these challenges.
Strategy and execution specialization
We specialize in strategy formulation and execution to hone our competence and avoid diluting our core capability. As a result, we can help clients achieve critical objectives.
Critical objectives we help to achieve
- Maximize economic profit – the difference between the return a company earns and its cost of capital
- Grow economic profit faster than corresponding financial markets
- Get behind external growth waves, including trends, industry shifts, and economic cycles
- Identify, measure, forecast granular markets where to compete
- Access privileged competitive intelligence
- Improve and leverage the company’s true cost position relative to its competitors
- Lock in the strategic control points to dominate the market
- Ensure commitment and rapid execution
Focused strategic actions, not large scale programs
We assist clients in focused strategic actions that leverage the company’s capabilities and not large-scale programs.
How we serve:
- Distinct engagement with defined scope
- No tie to massive ongoing efforts
- Resolution of complex, pressing business challenges
- Focus on the 3 to 5 critical issues that matter
- Small, highly-experienced team, subject matter experts
- Directors fully immersed in problem solving
- Immediate engagement
Lean team structure by design
A lean organization confers advantages that serve clients well, and ultimately provides more value to our clients.
Advantage for our clients
- Closer client touch with the team
- Greater visibility into our work
- Improved communication
- Faster execution
- Lower cost
By implication, a lean team structure requires experienced, highly-skilled consultants – not junior consultants in training. All of our consultants are experienced practitioners.
ROIC increase per profit
Average first-year growth
in growth initiatives for
Average ROI of our projects
for our clients