Download Our Free Paper
Organizational Alignment: Deploying for Strategy
An essential tool for strategy execution
Strategy imposes significant requirements on the organization. The reason is that strategy execution is the collective result of thousands of decisions and actions by managers and employees at the grass-root level. Therefore, the organization needs to fall in line behind the strategy.
But if every time a company switches strategic direction, the entire organization needs to change, execution can become unwieldy to say the least. So, the challenge is to alter only those elements that need changing to make the strategy work.
If you are about to execute a strategy, you may be asking yourself a number of questions:
- Is the organization of the company aligned to our strategy?
- How do we make that determination?
- What do we need to change?
- How do we select the right blueprint?
- How do we make that happen?
What You Will Learn
- Which elements of the organization impact strategy execution
- How to distinguish between the need for improved organizational effectiveness vs. organizational efficiency
- How to approach making organizational changes with minimal disruption to ongoing operations